SWTOR’s Game Update was unleashed yesterday (and there was much rejoicing!), but just in case you’ve been experiencing some odd bugs, we thought we’d post a current list of some known issues and bugs. BioWare has most of this information available on the forums, but some of it’s not simple to find. We’re here to help you out. Keep reading for the list!
The Group Finder does have a few bugs with it, some of which are listed below in BioWare’s official list of known in-game issues. Here is another, one that occurs when any of the flashpoint beginning quests are still contained in a player’s character mission log. The tool itself will be greyed out completely. Here is how to fix this issue:
Originally posted by AllisonBerryman (Source)
If you have any Flashpoint or Operation missions in your log, try abandoning them, re-logging, and then attempt to queue. If that doesn’t work, please do submit a ticket in-game so we can get your report – make sure to include your level and detailed information for us!
I personally had this problem on my Smuggler today. Yes, abandoning the quests and relogging does fix the issue, at least it did for me.
The Group Finder rewards also seem a little buggy with some players, but one important reminder here– unless you check all of the available possible flashpoints and therefore run the group finder randomly, your character won’t be eligible for the daily reward commendation bonus. The daily reward is for basically using the “random” function the tool provides.
Lastly, here’s the official list of known in-game issues, which was updated yesterday by a BioWare staff member. The thread’s located in Customer Service, which is why it’s pretty easy to miss.
Originally posted by AmberGreen (Source)
- Companion lightsaber glowing may persist in some circumstances after the companion has been dismissed.
- PvP Warzone Training Dummies do not currently take the Expertise stat into account, thus the damage dealt to it will not be correct. The Operations Training dummy works as intended.
- Using persistent emotes (such as /dance and /sit) while riding the Jawa Balloon on Tatooine can cause players to be teleported to the ground.
- Using mouse trailers with the Window Mode preference set to “Fullscreen” can cause the mouse pointer to disappear.
Workaround: Players can opt to turn off mouse trailers, or change Window Mode preference to “Windowed” or “Fullscreen (Windowed)” to makes the mouse pointer visible once again.
- If the Windows Region is set to “English (United States)” and the Decimal Symbol is changed to a comma, players will be unable to progress past the initial game loading screen.
Workaround: Changing the Decimal Symbol to a period instead of a comma will allow for the game client to load as intended: from the Windows Control Panel, players should navigate to “Region and Language” settings and select “Additional Settings” from the “Formats” tab.
- If group leadership is transferred manually after a group member quits or is vote-kicked, the new group leader will be unable to use the Group Finder to queue for a replacement player to fill the empty group slot until the group composition changes again.
- If a player gets an “Invalid Group” error, pressing the “Update Roles” button will cause the whole group, rather than only the player, to repeatedly see “Your group has been added to the group finder queue.”
- When players are prompted with a vote-kick popup, the role icon does not correctly match the role of the player named.
- A group seeking replacement members via Group Finder that leaves the queue will not be able to select “Find Replacement” again, and will only be able to enter the queue for a new group that will reset their content.
- After losing two party members, the Group Finder Icon Tooltip displayed to the Group Leader will incorrectly message that the group is queued for a replacement.
- When attempting to manually add a replacement player to a group that is waiting to fill the slot via the Groupfinder Queue, players will not be given an error message indicating that their action is not allowed.
Classes and Combat
- The Bounty Hunter ability “Rapid Shots” and Trooper ability “Hammer” can erraneously give an “Invalid Target” error if players have select “Target Nearest Enemy” from Preferences.
- The “Take Cover” ability does not work properly when bound to the mouse wheel.
- When Bounty Hunters use the “Unload” ability and then move, the animation will continue to play.
Workaround: Players can cast Unload again without moving to stop the animation.
Flashpoints and Operations
- Hard Mode Flashpoints do not grant the correct amount Social Points. The amount reflected in the mission complete window is the amount given.
- The “Crafting Trainers” mission will not currently complete or grant credit as intended when a player trains Armstech and then speaks to the Armstech Trainer. All other Crew Skills will properly update this mission progress.
- When a moddable item is being reverse engineered, it is possible to add new item modifications into the item before accepting the materials from the reverse engineering process. Doing so will the the item modifications to be lost with no additional materials produced.
- For the Imperial Daily mission “Reluctant Volunteers,” if players complete the main mission before the bonus mission “Trying to Impress,” the mission item will disappear from the mission tracker.
Workaround: Players can still complete the bonus mission by using the mission item directly from their inventory.
- Imperial Agent: Hositle Takeover: When using the “Droid Disguise” to infiltrate the VerveGen Corporation, characters will become completely invisible.
- Bounty Hunter: Number One With A Bullet: The loading screen text does not update as intended. This does not affect the character’s game progress, and the mission’s completion is valid.
- Currently, the Imperial Fleet does not have a Quesh Commendation Vendor.
Workaround: Imperial players must travel to the planet to spend Quesh commendations.
- The number of kills for a player as displayed in the Warzone GUI is incorrectly displaying one less than the correct kill count in the Warzone Scoreboard.
Items and Economy
- When purchasing the Czerka Patroller Speeder from Barik on the Republic Fleet, players will not be given a confirmation box before purchasing.
- The “Fleet Pass” item that can be purchased from the Security Key Vendors will be consumed upon use, rather than at the end of the use cast bar. Moving or canceling the cast will still consume the pass.
- Voice distortion caused by mouthpieces may be incorrectly applied to some helmets that do not cover the mouth, and some helmets that cover the mouth do not have the proper voice modification.
- After using CTRL+U to refresh the UI, the Resolve Bar will no longer display correctly.
Workaround: Players can log out and back in to view the Resolve Bar properly.
- New members will not display on the Guild Roster for Guildmasters after they are added to the guild.
Workaround: Guildmasters must log out of the game and log back in for the Guild Roster to properly refresh.
- It is possible for Custom Chat Channels to reach a state where regular chat text does not display, but players can use /say and /whisper in those channels.
- If a player selects “x” to cancel after choosing “Set Comment” on the Friends List, the button for “Set Comment” will become unusable.
Workaround: Players can reset the UI by pressing CTRL+U twice to resolve the issue.
If you come across any major bugs you’d think other players may benefit from hearing about, feel free to share in the comments section below! We’ll keep this article updated to the best of our abilities.