The Guild Summit is officially over. The second half of day two was dedicated to play testing Game Update 1.2, and a feedback session. There really wasn’t much time to get a feel for everything coming in 1.2, but when asked how they generally felt about 1.2, everyone in the room exclaimed – ‘Excited!”
All-in-all a great time was had by everyone and most left with a very positive feeling about where this game is headed. Game Update 1.2 doesn’t solve every issue, but it is a giant step in the right direction. Here are some of the highlights from the feedback session.
Game Update 1.2 Feedback
- The patch notes for 1.2 are still being worked on but there are a number of combat and class changes that have not been publicized yet. A player noticed the Agent ability Tactical Advantage stacking three times.
- There will likely be free respecs coming in 1.2.
- Explosive Conflict Nightmare mode won’t be released with 1.2. It also won’t be tested on the PTS by players before it’s released.
- The number of bosses wasn’t revealed but is said to be on par with the current Operations. It was reiterated that hard mode would be harder and that the length of time it takes complete it might be higher than what exists for current Ops.
- There was a clarification on Ilum PvP that it will still be there, however, it is intended that players would choose Warzones over Ilum in 1.2 while they go back to the drawing board with it.
- Game Update 1.2 will be going to the PTS soon, however, character transfers will not be available. This feature is currently reserved for guilds that they have specifically chosen to test the new Flashpoint and Operation.
- Everyone else can still create another character on the PTS and test the other content. When asked about providing premade level 50 characters they said that it requires the same technology as character transfers and they’d prefer players to just be able to transfer their characters over to the PTS rather than have premades.
- The interface and options to modify the UI is very overwhelming. A blog and tutorial video is something that is being worked on. The ability to choose pre-set interfaces such as ‘Retro’ (i.e. – WoW), and export and share your UI should make customizing the UI much easier.
- Other feedback on the UI customization included a request for additional toolbars as well as the ability to hide bars in and out of combat.
- A snap-to feature for grouping and moving objects was also requested.
- They mentioned that they would like to decrease the amount of time between releasing game updates. Their goal is for the release time between Game Update 1.2 and 1.3 to be shorter than the time it took to go from 1.1 to 1.2.